I’m Michelle Keating – kikki.K Workshop Consultant, former Graphic Designer, Cupcake Decorator and Fairy Princess and passionate #girlboss I’m on a mission to ignite a movement of women who have the courage to pursue work they love and be the very best they can be.
Up until early 2015 I was just a little girl with a BIG dream. Working as a Graphic Designer for a supportive and successful agricultural company, I just couldn’t shake this feeling that there was something more I was meant to do with my life (and between you and me I was more at home in high heels than in gumboots).
I was working 9-5 mainly because it paid the bills but also because my previous two attempts at business hadn’t been huge financial successes (though they were extremely fun and rewarding). So I had deemed myself a failure at this ‘business thing’ and while I day dreamed every day of a different life, I kept my head down and did the best I could at my job.
But that feeling wouldn’t go away.
2013 rolled around and thanks to my inspiring sister, my favourite magazine, a beautiful stationery store and a few other amazing human beings, I decided I would rather die trying to do what I love than live the rest of my life wondering if I could (while wishing my days away doing something that didn’t light my soul on fire).
Fast forward to the end of 2014 and after a lot of soul searching I resigned from my job. I had nothing lined up, but fresh from a life changing trip to Bali I somehow knew that if I didn’t let go of what I didn’t want, I would never get what I longed for.
So I jumped…
I gave eight weeks notice and promised myself I would let my intuition lead the way.
About four weeks later it lead me to my favourite stationery website, where an opportunity I had seen a year earlier (almost to the day) was waiting. It was the perfect combination of everything I had dreamed of and it didn’t hurt that it was for my favourite stationery company in the whole world!
The more I found out about it the more it became clear it was exactly what I had been dreaming of for years. As I was clearing away the confetti from the cannon I fired on my last day in the office, the company was checking my references and after a weekend of celebrating my foray into a life of doing what I love they called to say I was part of the team!
Finally I was climbing the right mountain!!!
Two years later and I have helped over 1,000 women (and the occasional male) to be more empowered and inspired to live their best life every day through kikki.K’s suite of Workshops throughout New Zealand. I’ve spoken to rooms full of people and worked with people 1-on-1 to equip them with the tools and inspiration to live their dream life.
I now get to say authentically that I do what I love and love what I do.
What was once a dream is now a reality.
While I don’t make millions of dollars (yet) I do make a living doing what I love. Which is exactly what I want for YOU beautiful! Those big, beautiful dreams of yours don’t need to stay as dreams.
You have everything you need within you to show up and shine bright in the world.
This is NOT about quitting (though some of you may do just that). This is about stepping up and showing up in the world. It’s about sharing your unique gifts, talents and personality in a way that lights you up and lights up the world around you AND pay the bills. Plus, I can guarantee you will feel richer than ever before in so many ways.
It’s time to stop hiding your light way and working so damn hard to fit in, when you were born to stand out!
Through my inspiring interviews with real life success stories (The Sparkle Sessions – COMING SOON), my e-book & upcoming workbook ‘Shine’ and the inspirational kikki.K Workshops I present, you will be inspired to show up and shine bright PLUS you’ll have the tools to get from where you are…to where you want to be!
Be sure to sign up to my email newsletter so you don’t miss a thing!
In case you want to know a bit more about me personally, here’s a few things you might not know about me…
1. I live in beautiful New Zealand with my hubby and our beautiful furbabies Charlie & Mynx.
2. I’m a stationery addict and currently own and use 3 planners!
3. I’m known to spend more time wrapping gifts than I do buying them.
4. I try and send a card or letter in the mail each week just because (send me your address and the next one might be you!).
5. I was once the fairy princess in the Auckland Santa Parade and gave style guru Gok Wan cupcakes I had designed especially for him.
6. If I could go anywhere in the world tomorrow it would be New York (I’ve been lucky enough to visit there 3 times and can’t get enough). It’s my dream to ice skate in Central Park and watch the ball drop for New Years in Times Square.
7. I love inspirational quotes. My all time favourite is “Be Silly. Be Honest. Be Kind” by Ralph Waldo Emerson.
8. I wanted to be a journalist but changed my mind at the last minute and majored in multimedia instead which lead me to become a Graphic Designer, a career I (mostly) enjoyed for 12 years.
9. I’m the youngest of all my cousins and out of all my 11 first cousins only one of us is a boy!
10. My idol for doing what you were put on the earth to do is Dave Grohl from the Foo Fighters (and Nirvana). I’d rock out to them any day and have seen them live in concert 6 times!
11. After being inspired by the 4 Hour Work Week, I took a trip to Paris to buy shoes from the flagship Christian Louboutin store, just because they made me happy!